Saturday, February 19, 2011

CHILDREN'S DAY CELEBRATIONS- A CAPTURE OF MY EXPERIENCE

Today we had a wonderful celebration... Our day at school started as usual with the morning assembly.

On special days and festivals, we have some one as Chief Guest...This time; we were introduced to a big black bear, with his trainer. The bear on stage was reasonably well behaved, but whenever the trainer beat him, he used to come near kids and we were slightly frightened...Even our BOLD Principal seemed to be afraid of the Bear...Trainer had a hard time making the animal follow instructions; maybe because the colour and gay at our assembly made him so happy!!! Finally as the trainer made the bear sit on a chair, our Principal somehow gathered enough courage to touch the Bear...and Lo......!!!It was only our beloved Miss...Thank you so much Madam Balu for such a spectacular show...

The animated action cum adventure children's movie "Kung fu Panda" was also projected. Though an English movie, it kept us pinned down for 90full minutes...

Dancing by our beloved teachers (Oh! how well they danced?!!!!Amazing...) and the tuck shop...stuffed with pastries, cakes, ice creams, ice candies, cheetos, choclates ...different varieties of snacks, all added glitter to the day.

All teachers prepared beautiful small cards for each one of us....The utmost care and affection bestowed on us is acknowledged with immense pleasure.

Our Dear Princiapl, she came wearing our uniform when we were all in colour dress!!!!!!!!!!
During tuck shop also, the keepers( of course our teachers) were also in uniform...

Do any of you have such adorable and sportive team of teachers????????????If so, do share with us....

The literary activities was focused on preparation of articles. The topic given to me was: "What if you met Nehru NOW?" Please read what I wrote and give me your valuable suggestions to help me improve...
Myself: "Chachaji, I am Ms.XYZ. I am studying in ABC school. I welcome you to my school."
Chacha : "Thank you, my child."
Myself: "A very very happy birthday to you, Chachaji."

Ms.GHI walked up on stage and handed over a beautiful red rose to Chachaji, which he pinned on his dress. Now, Ms. KLM came on stage and declared loudly: "We love you so much" and hugged Him.

Chachaji: "Thank you so much, children..."
Myself: "Chachaji, can I ask you some questions???
Chachaji: "Yes, Of course, my child."

Qs1. Where were you born?
You know my birthday, isn't it? I was born on this day at Allahabad. I am 119 years old now...

Qs2.Can you tell us something about your family?
My father was a healthy- wealthy lawyer and a leader of the Congress party. His name was Motilal Nehru. My mother was Swaroopa Rani. They were Saraswat Brahmins, who came down from Kashmir. My house was named Ananda Bhavan. I had two small sisters and many cousins.One of my sisters was Vijayalakshmi Pandit, who was ten years younger to me and the other was Krishna Pandit, who was eighteen years younger to me. So, naturally my childhood was a little lonely.

When I was sixteen years old, I was married to Kamala. We had a daughter Indira Priyadarsini. She married a Muslim, Firoz Gandhi and had two sons- Rajiv Gandhi and Sanjay Gandhi. My grandson, Rajiv Gandhi married an Italian, Sonia and had two kids- Rahul and Priyanka. My other grandson, Sanjay married Menaka Gandhi and they had a kid- Arun Gandhi.

This is my family tree ...

Qs3. You are very very famous. We are all so proud of you. Can you tell us something about your education?
I was mostly taught at home by Governess on English, Hindi and Urdu. Then I was enrolled in a nearby Convent School. After I was 16years, I was sent to England. I took my M.A. from Harrow, Cambridge to become a lawyer.

Children, you know me as the first Prime Minister of India. But, did you know that I was a very shy boy? Inspite of being intelligent, I had to pay fine even in College, for not speaking properly!!! Even our Beloved Mahatma Gandhi was a shy and sensitive student...

Qs4."Chachaji, What were your hobbies as a kid?"
Children, I loved nature, birds and animals. I had pets like pandas, peacock, parrot, doves and even tiger cubs. I loved skiing, swimming, climbing mountains, tennis and horse riding. I had magnificient gardens, riding stables, tennis courts and swimming pool at Ananda Bhavan. I used to read lot of books and poems. I practiced Hatha Yoga, which includes standing on your head, daily!!!I had a good sense of rhythm too.

Qs5. "Chacahji, our Mamma told that you were in jail for more than 13years. How did you spent time during these freedom struggles?"
"Children, I wrote books when ever I was in jail. Please read them...Some of the titles are:
1. Discovery of India.
2. Glimpses of World History
3. Towards Freedom (my autobiography)
I am sure you would like them."

I have also wriiten innumerable letters to my daughter, Priyadarsini, from jail. This collection is also very famous. Each letter was intended to teach her something. This way, I tried to keep contact with my young daughter and nurture her growth.

My father was also very caring...

Chachaji wandered lonely into the clouds and stared blank at us....

Qs6. "You are a great poet, writer, leader, orator and our Hon' Prime Minister. You were an apostle of world peace and child welfare. You were a diplomat who is revered as the Builder of Modern India...I am so happy that I could spent so much time with you...Please come to our school on all birthdays. We can celebrate together...."
" Thankyou so much, dear Children.I pray that every child in this world gets the best of all available opportunities...health, love, safety, peace, education...Let all buds bloom into good responsible citizens and human beings.

Bharat Mata Ki Jai."

All of us stood up and in a line. Some came forward and hugged His Hon'self. Some shaked hands. Some kissed. Some gave more flowers. Our Princy came and gave Chachaji the birthday gift- A CD on Kungfu Panda!!! She said, she admired Him so much and was an ardent follower, because Chachaji has merged East to West and was technology loving- A true Man with a Vision for INDIA towards sustainable development...

Jana Gana Mana Adhi Nayaka Jayahe....

http://sadhguru.podomatic.com

http://sadhguru.podomatic.com